On Facebook, people are tagging other people to post the 10 books that have made a lasting impression on their lives.
I was tagged three times, so I figured I’d share it here. I think I posted a list on Facebook sometime last year, but that place is a nightmare to search for old content. Now I’ll be able to find my list, if I get tagged again. Although, I might decide to add more current books, too.
I cannot pick just 10 books! Cruel limitation! Cruel, I tell you!
The cool ladies who tagged me are: Julie Glover, Debra Kristi, and my friend Andrea. I have had the great privilege of hanging out with and learning from these friends. If you’ve never checked out Julie’s and Debra’s blogs, you should.
Here are 10 books that have stayed with me. Some I’ve read so many times the covers have fallen off. I make no apologies for the seeming randomness of genre (seriously, you’re here reading this–would you expect anything less?).
In no significant order:
- Iron Cage by Andre Norton (Her Star Ka’atz books were my first taste of science fiction.)
- Dragonflight by Ann McCaffrey (mostly the entire series and everything else she wrote)
- The Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (same)
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
- Le Morte d’Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory
- The Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell
- The Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper
- Lilith’s Brood by Octavia Butler
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Having to pick only 10 wasn’t easy. What’s books would you put on your list?