Here at Mermaids Don’t Do Windows, I don’t usually write about writing. Today, I’m making an exception because I have some goals to post for October 1st. I promise something thought provoking (I hope) for TINSTAAFL Tuesday.
The day I realized that I must start a blog was the day after I returned home from DFWCON (DFW Writers’ Conference) in May. This conference opened my eyes to the opportunities out there.
Then I started having dreams. For three nights after the conference, I dreamed about blogging. I don’t remember anything about the dreams other than the distinctive feeling that I had to start a blog. I still knew nothing about blogging.
I found Kristen Lamb’s blog. I attended two of her sessions at the conference, found out she went to my alma mater (icing!), and joined WANATribe. The next logical step was to take her blogging class.
Still, there were more blogging dreams. Oh. My. Goodness. Really? Enough already. I got the message.
So was born Mermaids Don’t Do Windows. I hope you are enjoying my fledgling attempts. I have enjoyed being here and meeting great blogging friends.
Did I mention I still have blogging dreams every so often? Yep. Blogging for Brand class 1012, here I come. I have so much to learn and accomplish. And I’d really like for the blogging dreams to stop harrassing me.
Writing Dreams: #ROW80
October 1 is also the beginning of Round 4 of A Round of Words in 80 days — ROW80. Since I’m writing, I might as well make myself accountable with the support of other writers who also have families, other jobs, housework, stuff going on — lives.
I set my own pace and my own goals. I post them here for the entire world to see. Here goes:
- Write at least 750 words every day on my middle grade WIP. Otherwise, my daughter will get very, very mad at me (she’s my #1 beta reader).
- Submit and query my adult fantasy manuscript, HUNTER MOON. It’s all shiny. *pet pet*
- Work out 45 minutes to an hour at least 4 times a week.
- Read a craft book. We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media might be a good place to start since I’m taking Kristen Blogging for Brand class. (I’ve been reading it slowly.)
- Plant carrot, spinach, and lettuce seeds to accompany the broccoli plants.
- Post at least 3 times a week here at Mermaids Don’t Do Windows.
Those are my goals. I may tweak them as I go, but that’s the beauty of ROW80. I can adapt when life happens.
Everyone is busy. I’d love to hear what you’re up to. It’s your turn for some pimping and promoting in the comments section. What are your current projects and goals? Do you have any completed goals that you are especially proud of? Share some linky love.